“Kailanganang pag-unawa ng bawat isa dahil sa mga ganitongfestival, ma-traffic, may adjustment tayo sa mga road blocking at mayinconveniences sa mga commuters. Tumulong din tayo sa ating mga kapulisan sapananatili ng kaayusan,” added Mepania.(Witha report from Akean Forum/PN) BORACAY – Around 1,700 police officerswere deployed to secure the festival venues of the 2020 Ati-Atihan Festival,Kalibo chief of police Lieutenant Colonel Richard Mepania said. “Bawaldin ang pag-display ng double-meaning placards atpaninigarilyo sa public places. Kailangansolemn ang selebrasyon natin. Nakahanda angating kapulisan na arestuhin ang mga violators ng local ordinances. Hinditayo mag-atubiling hulihin ang mga lumalabag,” he said. Checkpoints and border controls willbe manned by policemen and the Philippine Army to monitor and tighten theAti-Atihan security, he added. The augmentation force of 1,225 fromthe Police Regional Office in Western Visayas (PRO-6) and 447 uniformedpersonnel from the different municipal police stations and the Aklan PoliceProvincial Office were tasked to maintain peace and order, Mepania said. Police officers inspect the belongings of merrymakers. Kalibo chief of police Lieutenant Colonel Richard Mepania said around 1,700 police officers were deployed to secure the Ati-Atihan Festival on Jan. 10 to 19. AKEAN FORUM Mepania said Site Task Group AtiFestwill establish 18 police assistance centers and police screening areas in themain and secondary festival zones. Mepania said half of the augmentationforce is ready for Ati-Atihan deployment starting Jan. 10. The rest of thecontingent will be deployed prior to the Jan. 18 to 19 festivities. Mepania assured merrymakers anddevotees of their safety and security during the Ati-Atihan celebration on Jan.10 to 19. “The security preparations are inplace. Tinitiyak natin ang seguridad ng mga devotees at visitors,” he added. He refrained revelers from bringingdeadly and bladed weapons, glass bottled drinks and firearms in festival zones.
But, despite starring for Saints in his breakthrough season, a number of injuries and a poor run of form saw him make just 15 Premier League starts as Daley Blind became Louis van Gaal’s first-choice left-back. This season he has hit the ground running for both club and country and is pleased to have turned things around. “Obviously last season was very difficult for me,” he said. “I just feel fresh and fit and hopefully I can get a run of games now and keep my performances up. I trained before I went back to pre-season. That was a massive help to me and now I just want to keep on playing well. “It was made hard with the injuries that I picked up. I didn’t expect that to happen as much as it did. “I think that is what knocked my confidence down, I never got fully fit, so whenever I was playing I wasn’t at my best and I didn’t feel at my best. Now I am playing and I feel great. “To be honest I feel better than I did at Southampton. Game by game I feel like I’m getting stronger, especially in training. I just want to keep it up now and pray there are no injuries.” Much has been made about the pressure surrounding Martial and the £36million fee that United paid Monaco for his services. The 19-year-old has already said it will not phase him and Shaw has offered himself up as someone to talk to – recommending he keeps himself out of the media spotlight. “Of course you see it,” he said of negative press. “I think I read too much of it last year. I tend to ignore it now. There are always going to be highlights especially for someone like me who went for so much money. “There are always going to be people doubting me and wanting to write bad stuff about me but obviously just to ignore it and carry on playing the way I am. “Of course I am always willing to help people no matter how old they are. Obviously I know he might find it a bit tough with everything that’s going on with social media. We have great people at the club. Staff and players. We will all welcome him very well. “He is a young player with a lot of potential. Hopefully we can help him and he will learn a lot from players like Wayne Rooney. It’s great for him to have someone like that. “He looks like he has got that pace and ability that we might need. At United I think we need a bit more pace and I think he is going to bring that.” The 20-year-old has enjoyed an impressive start to the season with both United and England having struggled in his debut year at Old Trafford. Shaw moved to United from Southampton last summer for £30million to become the most expensive teenager in football – a record since smashed when the Red Devils moved for Martial on transfer deadline day. Luke Shaw believes he is playing the best football of his career and has offered his experiences of a tough first season at Manchester United to new recruit Anthony Martial. Press Association
Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane says forward Vinícius Júnior will need to have another coronavirus test after an initial test result came out “wrong.” Zidane says “the doctor informed me that the test had come out wrong and we were going to repeat it.”Zidane says the Brazilian’s test was not positive. He says “sometimes there are errors. It wasn’t negative or positive.”Spanish league players have undergone regular testing since the competition resumed last month.Some players and staff members at Valencia and Alavés tested positive in March. They have all recovered. No player has tested positive since the competition resumed in empty stadiums.Madrid leads the Spanish league with four games left. ___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports July 9, 2020 Associated Press The Latest: Madrid forward Vinícius to repeat virus test
Facebook Twitter Google+ Hendrik Hilpert lay down at what had just happened.On the first penalty-kick goal, the Syracuse goalie dove in the correct direction but couldn’t get a finger on it. On the next two, he watched as Clemson liners soared above him. On the final blow, he reached for Diego Campos’ strike to no avail.Clemson converted on each of its four penalty kicks.“They demonstrated a clinical ability to score those,” Syracuse head coach Ian McIntyre said.Syracuse tallied four goals last Wednesday for the first time in over a year, senior midfielder Chris Nanco netted his first goals since Sept. 9, and the SU defense shut down the Panthers even without Miles Robinson. But Syracuse’s triumph last week was minimized on Sunday afternoon, when No. 4 seed Clemson (11-2-5, 4-1-3 Atlantic Coast) tied the fifth-seeded Orange (11-3-4, 3-2-3), then advanced on penalty kicks, 4-2, in the ACC quarterfinal at Riggs Field in Clemson, South Carolina.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe Tigers will advance to the ACC semifinal on Wednesday night to play No. 8 seed Boston College. That game’s winner will compete next Sunday in the ACC title game. Syracuse, meanwhile, waits until its NCAA tournament seeding is announced. The tournament kicks off Nov. 19.Minutes after a second-half save by Hilpert, Clemson struck the first blow of the game. Hilpert caught a missile directed right at him, held onto it and smiled. A minute or so later, Syracuse generated a chance from inside the box but Clemson’s defense took over, leading to offense.All season, Syracuse had restricted opponents from counter attacks. This time, Campos, Clemson’s junior forward, dashed down field. A feed from Patrick Bunk-Anderse into space left a foot race between SU’s Louis Cross and Clemson’s leading scorer. Campos beat Cross to the ball and stroked it home past Hilpert to make it 1-0.“Campos’ speed and athleticism caught us in transition,” McIntyre said. “We had done a good job up until that moment. It was one big direct ball that had us on our heels.”Hilpert entered Sunday tied for first in the ACC with 10 solo shutouts. His only chance on the breakaway was to cut off Campos’ angle. Clemson’s striker added enough strength to the grounder for his sixth goal of the season.A long-awaited breakout from Nanco powered Syracuse past Pittsburgh in the first round. But after a shot in the first half that Nanco missed wide left, he grimaced in pain, grabbing his leg. He exited the game shortly before halftime, leaving Syracuse without its leading scorer. McIntyre said Nanco will be evaluated.The Tigers, coming off a first-round bye, have played several shutouts and low-scoring affairs. Entering Sunday, their 1.41 goals per game placed third to last in the ACC. Clemson’s 0.55 goals-against average was tied with Syracuse for third in the conference.But a hand ball penalty set up a penalty kick for Sergio Camargo. The senior lined the ball to the upper left of the net for the tie. It was Camargo’s second goal of the year that sent the game into overtime.After two overtime periods, though, Clemson retook control and sealed the win on Campos’ penalty kick.“A tough way to end the game,” McIntyre said. “When it gets to penalties, it’s a lottery. Unfortunately, today it went to Clemson.”A win against Clemson continues to loom over SU. For the third consecutive game against the Tigers, Syracuse could not come out with a victory. Comments Published on November 6, 2016 at 4:24 pm Contact Matthew: email@example.com | @MatthewGut21
The University of Wisconsin men’s tennis team (10-11, 4-7 Big Ten) split their weekend matches with the Northwestern Wildcats (14-13, 5-6) and Illinois Fighting Illini (16-7, 10-1).The Badgers started the weekend with a victory over Northwestern Friday afternoon, winning 5–2 behind another outstanding performance from freshman Jared Pratt. Pratt defeated freshman Simen Bratholm in straight sets, continuing his dominance in Big Ten play.Senior Osgar O’Hoisin, sophomore Jesper Freimuth and freshman Lenard Soha earned the other singles points for the Badgers, while the duos of O’Hoisin/Pratt and Freimuth/Soha won their matches to earn the doubles point.Men’s tennis: Wisconsin closes out regular season with home matchups against Northwestern, IllinoisThe University of Wisconsin men’s tennis team (9-10, 3-6 Big Ten) will close out its regular season this weekend. The Read…“It was a great team win,” Head Coach Danny Westerman said. “It all started with doubles. Everyone wants to play well at the end of the season and I really feel like we’re playing our best tennis.”After, Westerman was emotional talking about Wisconsin’s seniors, who would play their final home match Sunday afternoon.“It was great that Osgar could get that win at the No. 1 spot,” Westerman said. “He’s had match point after match point. He’s been leading us really well. [Alan] Sweet on the sideline too — one of the best Badgers you can find. He’s tremendous. These guys bring it out of me and lift me up.”After a nice win to open the weekend, Wisconsin put up a strong fight against No. 15 Illinois Sunday afternoon. Seniors O’Hoisin and Sweet were honored before the match for their service to the team.Men’s tennis: Badgers split weekend matchups against Indiana, PurdueThe University of Wisconsin men’s tennis team (8-9, 2-5 Big Ten) fell to Indiana (10-9, 4-3) Friday afternoon before narrowly Read…O’Hoisin lost his final regular season singles matchup 6–3, 6–0 against the No. 8 player in the country, junior Aleks Kovacevic.Pratt extended his win streak to eight straight singles matches, narrowly defeating freshman Siphosothando Montsi 6–2, 3–6, 7–5.Soha and sophomore Robert Krill also added singles wins to make things interesting, but the Badgers dropped both of their doubles matches.Despite losing the doubles point, the Badgers finished the season with a 15-6 doubles record, an impressive feat considering their 10-11 overall record.Wisconsin finishes the season No. 9 in the Big Ten, earning themselves a match-up against No. 8 Minnesota in the first round of the Big Ten Tennis Tournament Thursday.The Badgers will be looking for a victory after losing 4–3 to the Golden Gophers earlier this season. The match will begin at 9 a.m. in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Stephen Quinn and David Meyler among those involved for Hull who’s manager Steve Bruce has dismissed a link to Newcastle in the last 24 hours. They beat QPR 4-0 at Old Trafford.It’s their first competitive victory under Louis van Gaal.There’s one game tonight with plenty of Irish interest as Hull face West Ham.
Kerry boss Eamonn Fitzmaurice thinks the talent being produced in the county is of a high standard.The Kingdom beat Tipp in the McGrath Cup last weekend but the Premier put in a good showing against a strong side.Eamonn says there are signs that the hard work being put in is paying off.
The destiny of the African Champions League is uncertain after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) overruled the decision to replay the final.Tunisia’s Esperance and Morocco’s Wydad Casablanca lodged appeals after the Confederation of African Football (CAF) decided to replay the second leg – both felt they should be awarded the win.Wydad had a goal disallowed and left the pitch because VAR was not working. Esperance were winning 2-1 on aggregate and declared champions initially.The home side were handed the trophy and winners’ medals after a two-hour delay on 1 June, but were told to return them days later after CAF ordered a replay on neutral territory, citing “unsafe conditions”.Both clubs think they should be named champions and given the prize money. Wydad’s request was rejected by CAS with Esperance’s appeal to be investigated at a later date.Play in the second leg was halted after Wydad thought they had equalised on 59 minutes through Walid El Karti’s header but it was disallowed for an infringement.The Video Assistant Referee (VAR) system was visible on the side of the pitch but the players had not been told it was not in use because of a malfunction.After appeals by both clubs, CAS ruled that CAF’s executive committee “did not have jurisdiction” to order that the final be replayed.It has ordered “competent CAF authorities to review the incidents”, specifically to refer the case to its proper disciplinary structures for a decision on whether the game will be replayed or not.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Leading Polish bookmaker STS Gaming Group has moved to enhance its interactive gaming capacities, integrating the full portfolio of live studio games supplier BetGamesTV across its digital portfolio.The interactive gaming partnership has launched on of the STS.pl platform, with the bookmaker confirming that BetGames.TV portfolio will be imminently made available on STS’ mobile inventory.Confirming the partnership, STS management states that BetGames.TV content will be a stand-out feature for its Polish market proposition, in which STS is one-of-fifteen licensed online bookmakers allowed to operate by Poland’s Ministry of Finance.“We implement modern solutions and developing our functionalities to ensure that our customers have access to a unique offer. The agreement with BetGames.tv allowed us to introduce a wide range of TV games to our website”: said Mateusz Juroszek, CEO of STS.Operating since 2012, BetGames.TV seeks to lead the industry in live and interactive gaming disciplines, filming its content from a purpose-built HD studio in Vilnus Lithuania.Aiste Garneviciene, BetGamesTVBetGames.TV has secured a number of tier-1 European partnerships with SNAI Italia and German legacy bookmaker Interwetten Sports.“Baltic states were the first operational markets to ourselves being the natural ones. Therefore, we are extremely happy to announce that BetGamesTV products are already available to the biggest neighbour of ours – Poland. Therefore, I have no doubts that BetGamesTV will become one of the most popular products on STS” says Aiste Garneviciene, COO at BetGamesTV.” Submit StumbleUpon Mateusz Juroszek – Non-stop STS will expand amid industry disruptions August 12, 2020 New Polish poker table in BetGames section for STS July 15, 2020 Polish wagering report highlights STS market dominance August 17, 2020 Share Share Related Articles