PG&E deploys largest-ever power shutoff, responsibility for Kincade Fire in question FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Utility Dive:Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) has restored power to 30,000 customer accounts, the utility said Sunday, but recovery efforts continue following a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event that likely impacted 3 million people over the weekend.The shutoff is the utility’s largest yet, but PG&E also reported a transmission line failure near the origins of last week’s Kincade Fire, which was still burning Monday morning.The potential connection sent the utility’s shares below $4, their lowest trade price ever. The Kincade fire has consumed around 50,000 acres and destroyed 79 structures.PG&E employees were out in force over the weekend and will resume surveying the utility’s system at sunrise this morning, in the wake of high-wind conditions that saw gusts as high as 102 mph. Ultimately, 965,000 customers were caught up in the PSPS, and another 100,000 lost power for other reasons.The utility said Sunday that it had begun safety patrols and inspections in several counties where conditions warranted. PG&E said it will aim to restore power within 48 hours, “but given the significance of this high-wind event … the damage may be significant, requiring additional time and resources.”The utility saw winds exceed 100 mph at one of its weather stations, and exceed 60 mph in at least 10 areas.“More than 6,000 on-the-ground field personnel have been deployed and 45 helicopters are staged in the impacted areas,” the utility said in a statement. “Helicopter inspections may be impacted by the Kincade firefighting efforts in Sonoma County.”More: PG&E deploys largest-ever power shutoff, but responsibility for Kincade Fire now in question
192SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr,John Pettit John Pettit is the Managing Editor for CUInsight.com. John manages the content on the site, including current news, editorial, press releases, jobs and events. He keeps the credit union … Web: www.cuinsight.com Details Your credit history is a big deal. Lenders can see you credit score and use that number to decide what kind of loan you’ll be able to get and what interest rate you’ll have to pay. If your credit score is low, you should find some ways to raise it. If your score is good, here are three mistakes you should avoid if you want to keep it that way.Cosigning a loanYou’re a nice person and you do nice things for people you care about. You should never cosign a loan. EVER. You’ve got to look out for your own personal finances. If the borrower starts missing payments, your credit score will take a hit. The last thing you want to do is have to pay money to keep your credit score up and get absolutely nothing in return.Closing a credit card accountThe first credit card you ever had probably wasn’t a fantastic credit card. You probably got it so you could build credit or in case of emergencies. You may have paid if off and decided to stop using it, but don’t close that account. For one thing, that card has a longer credit history which is good for your credit score. Also, closing the account will lower your amount of credit available which could negatively affect your debt utilization ratio. That’s one action that can damage your credit score in two different ways.Not catching errorsYou should always keep a close eye on your credit score. If you haven’t looked at yours recently, or ever, check out Credit Karma. It’s free and easy-to-use. If you don’t keep an eye on your credit report, you could have your identity stolen and not know it. Even if nothing malicious is happening to you, there could still be inaccuracies. The day you find an error is the day you’ll be super glad you checked.
In November, I had the opportunity to facilitate a breakout session at our CEO/Executive Team Network. While discussing the impact senior leaders have on talent development, an attendee brought up a puzzling situation, “When development opportunities are offered, people don’t step up to take advantage. Why?”In large part, it’s because much of our previous education in life has been directed. Despite having “electives,” anyone that has attended any formal education has for the most part been told where, when and what to learn. We must complete a standard set of classes to graduate from high school. For any post-secondary education, there is a plan for the type and timing of courses you need to complete to earn a degree.The idea that we will be told what we should learn next is ingrained in us and is a reason many people don’t jump at the chance to learn–and also why many ask for a roadmap. Moving away from this mindset that learning must be fully prescribed requires conscious thought and striking a balance between getting help from others and owning your own learning. ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading »
ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr This is placeholder text continue reading » This post is currently collecting data… Your annual benefits enrollment at work can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Read on for a quick explanation of some of the benefits your employer may offer and why they may be worth a look this year. Insurance coverageMedical and dental insurance get most of the attention during annual enrollment, but most employers offer several other kinds of insurance coverage as benefits available to you. We’ve outlined a few of the most common types here for you to consider.Group life insuranceLife insurance pays a death benefit to the beneficiaries you designate if you pass away while you’re covered. The main reason people buy life insurance is to provide a financial benefit to your loved ones if you die, which can help maintain their quality of life if they no longer have your income to rely upon.
What I find interesting for Croatia, Czech citizens will be able to travel abroad. However, upon returning to the Czech Republic, they will have to go into a 14-day quarantine or pass a test with a negative result on Covid-19. From Monday, Czech citizens will be able to travel abroad Thus, as of Monday, April 27, the new rules for crossing the state border apply. EU citizens coming to the Czech Republic for business reasons or students from EU countries can now arrive in the Czech Republic. Although the state of emergency was extended until April 30, 2020, it was presented accelerated plan exemptions from business and other activities. Thus, shopping centers, business premises over 11 m2 are planned to open on May 500, restaurants can open their gardens while serving food, cosmetic services, museums, galleries, while on May 2 restaurants, accommodation services, taxi services will start operating. theaters, cultural and sporting events (restriction of TB participants), weddings, etc. ( The Czech government has announced a schedule of easing measures. Find out more details about the Czech Government’s easing of measures HERE
Categories: Letters to the Editor, OpinionDon’t believe Dems’ climate change scamKudos to The Gazette for printing David Harsanyi’s fantastic article on June 4, “Sorry, fear-mongering Dems, there’s no climate chaos.”First of all, the “climate change” hoax is one of the largest frauds ever perpetrated on the American people. Sure the climate’s been changing; it’s been doing it for thousands of years.Are we supposed to believe a bartender from Queens (A.O.C.) that the world is going to end in 12 years unless we get rid of cars, planes, cows and most people?The Dems’ new credo is “Give us all your money, stupid people, because we know how to spend it and you don’t.”Ray WeidmanLathamBallston needs new leadership on boardMy family and I have lived in Ballston for 23 years. I’m supporting Eric Connelly, Chuck Curtiss and Peter Solberg because I believe it’s time for fresh leadership in our town, and I know these gentlemen will bring conservative principles, integrity, energy, a fresh perspective and inclusiveness in their respective roles.Ballston has been a divided town for too long. I think these three offer us an opportunity to come together and work toward a future with sustainable growth while maintaining our rural character as much as possible.Solberg was endorsed by our committee this year and Curtiss was endorsed in 2015. I find it disappointing to see them being attacked now by the party leadership, along with the negative tone of the overall campaign against them. I believe that incumbent candidates should run on their record rather than tear down their opponents. I’m disappointed that our leadership chose to decline an invitation to debate.Tim Sczepanik and Bill Goslin are nice guys, but our town has had too many lawsuits against it and too many residents who feel that their voices are not being heard. It’s my opinion that Ballston Republicans are justified in making a change this year.Jim FischerBallston SpaWould district move prom for Christians?I found the June 2 article in The Gazette (“Prom dreams spark change: Schenectady district moves prom so Muslim students can attend”) about changing the date of the prom due to it conflicting with Ramadan interesting.The article cited the Muslim faith of two teenagers who wanted to attend this year’s prom.I’m not saying it shouldn’t have happened, but would the school have changed the date for Christian students? Just wondering.Audrey SaltsmanJohnstownMore from The Daily Gazette:EDITORIAL: Beware of voter intimidationEDITORIAL: Thruway tax unfair to working motoristsEDITORIAL: Find a way to get family members into nursing homesFoss: Should main downtown branch of the Schenectady County Public Library reopen?EDITORIAL: Urgent: Today is the last day to complete the census
Parepare Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Budi Susanto confirmed the report.“We’re investigating the case. We have questioned five people [on Thursday],” he said.Friday prayer is obligatory for Muslim men and is accompanied by a mandatory sermon that can last up to 45 minutes.In response to the coronavirus pandemic, however, authorities and ulemas have called on Muslims to refrain from gathering in congregations and to pray from home instead, including for Friday prayers.Last month, the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) issued a fatwa on compulsory Muslim prayers during the pandemic, advising Muslims in areas where COVID-19 had spread “uncontrollably” not to “perform Friday prayers in those areas until the situation returns to normal”. (aly)Topics : Makmur Raona, a lawyer representing the congregation body, confirmed on Thursday that they had reported Ulfa and another local figure, Anas Hindi, to the police on April 28.He said many residents deemed the dismissal of Friday prayers intolerable and urged the police to take legal action over the incident.“This is not an attack against an individual but against a religion recognized in this country,” Makmur said as quoted by tribunnews.com on Thursday.Read also: Indonesian Muslims hold congregational Ramadan prayers despite COVID-19 warnings The congregation body of the Ar-Rahmah mosque in Ujung district of Parepare city, South Sulawesi, reported district head Ulfa Lanto to the police for blasphemy after she had dispersed a Friday prayer gathering.On April 17, Ulfa and a number of COVID-19 task force personnel as well as local authorities conducted checks on mosques in the district to ensure Muslims in the area did not congregate for Friday prayers, so as to abide by the government’s appeal for physical distancing.However, the residents reportedly thronged to the Ar-Rahmah mosque as usual, prompting Ulfa to ask the local figures to stop the mass prayer while the sermon was ongoing.
Advertisement Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 15 Aug 2020 12:33 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link682Shares Gabriel will leave the club this summer (Picture: Getty Images)Lille president Gerard Lopez has confirmed that Gabriel Magalhaes will leave the club this summer amid interest from Arsenal, Manchester United and Napoli.The 22-year-old earned plaudits for his excellent performances as Lille secured a fourth-placed finish in Ligue 1 last season.With both Mikel Arteta and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the market for defensive reinforcements, Gabriel could reportedly be purchased for around £25 million.Lopez revealed that the centre-back will leave Lille and he is set to make a decision on his next move within the next two weeks.ADVERTISEMENT‘The way we work is very simple,’ the Lille president told BBC World Service. ‘We explain to him and his environment, his agent, what we are looking for, and once we get those offers the choice is his, like we did with Nico [Pepe] and Victor [Oshimen].AdvertisementAdvertisement‘We are there now, so we told him, ‘Eventually you have to make a decision but we’re not pressing you’. Lille president Gerard Lopez confirms Arsenal and Manchester United target Gabriel Magalhaes’ imminent departure Comment The Brazilian is set to make up his mind imminently (Picture: Getty Images)‘I think he will make it this week, or next week at the latest. He is leaving, we’ve given the OK for that.‘There’s a lot of competition. He’s a young player so he’s got to make sure he makes the right decision. More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errorsWe help him out a little bit so we tell him, ‘We think this might be the right manager or club for you’.‘He’s got so much talent, he will succeed wherever he goes.’MORE: Alan Smith fires warning to Arsenal star Nicolas Pepe after Mikel Arteta signs former Chelsea winger WillianMORE: Paul Merson tells Manchester United to snub Jadon Sancho transfer and spend £100m on Harry Kane insteadFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and InstagramFor more stories like this, check our sport page
The camping area on Dunk Island Spit, off Mission Beach. More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus19 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market19 hours agoRepairs to the Bond portion of Dunk Island have taken years to complete.Listed adventure tourism firm Experience Co — which runs tandem skydiving, hot air ballooning, white water rafting, canyoning, sea kayaking, and tours to the Great Barrier Reef — was awarded the Dunk Island Spit sublease as part of a long process two years in the making that concluded late last month.Cassowary Coast Regional Council Mayor John Kremastos said the subleases involved the camping and recreation area at the Dunk Island Spit with Experience Co to use it for commercial, recreation and tourism purposes.“Experience Co, as an existing successful operator in the region, is well placed to not only operate a world class, eco-friendly facility at The Spit but also to invest into infrastructure on the island and provide an exciting variety of tourism activities.”Bond, who bowed out of the Dunk Island Resort parent company in favour of his son Adam in the wake of his Linc Energy woes, has had to watch this unfold from the sidelines. Dunk Island Spit and jetty sustained heavy damage off Cyclone Yasi.Experience Co told the Australian Stock Exchange that it planned to spend $3m in the next four years with initial funds expected to generate payback in two to three years.It plans to start adventure tourism operations at the Dunk Island Spit in the second quarter of 2019, and plans to introduce a ferry service and a high-speed jet boat experience from Mission Beach.“In addition EXP will add experiences such as sea kayaking, guided marine biologist snorkelling tours, glass bottom boat tours and indigenous guided land tours.”Chief executive Anthony Ritter said the agreement “does not include any commitment to resort infrastructure on the island”.Bond had initially planned to have 40 suites and 40 staff at the resort, and the Bonds also control the island’s only airstrip. FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON FACEBOOK The view of the Spit from Mt Kootaloo at the top peak on Dunk Island. Picture: Toni Jackson-Lee. Peter Bond has seen Linc Energy collapse, sold his luxury home at a multimillion-dollar loss and will now watch someone else take over his dream for the Dunk Island Spit.FAILED Brisbane businessman Peter Bond just can’t seem to catch a break these days, with fresh salt rubbed into his wounds propertywise — this time involving his prized Dunk Island lease.Fresh off a multi-million loss over the sale of his forever home in Fig Tree Pocket to Clive Palmer — the man who grew Linc Energy into a half a billion dollar listed company and then saw it collapse in 2016 — has had to endure losing yet another dream.Bond had reached saviour status when he bought cyclone ravaged Dunk Island Resort for $7.5m in 2011, but some of that gloss has worn off after years of construction delays — which has since seen the local council decide to look elsewhere for a key sublease on the island.
Norwegian diving contractor SubseaPartner has increased its footprint in the UK with another contract award by the operator and FPSO owner Teekay Offshore.The contract is for undertaking ongoing subsea work on the FPSO’s Foinaven and Hummingbird.Detailed planning and engineering are done and SubseaPartner has chartered the vessel Olympic Zeus as support for the offshore diving campaign.The mobilization has been executed in Haugesund, Norway and the dive team (all UK divers) has went through a proper familiarization on the vessel prior the sail-away to the Scottish sector.“This is the company‘s second contract award from Teekay Offshore in the past year and we will further commit to the UK Operators by opening a sales office in Westhill, Aberdeen in June.“Our global strategy to become a global FPSO field support contractor starts in the North Sea by the delivery of safe and cost effective solutions and equipment. Our Transfer Under Pressure concept and Light Diving Craft fleet contributes to meet the increasing demand for global FPSO field support,” said Ole Morten Skogland, chief commercial officer.