Bill Signing, GO-TIME, Press Release Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today signed House Bill 1915 into law, which is now Act 60 of 2017, a four-year funding plan crafted in collaboration with the legislature to continue Unemployment Compensation operations by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry.“I want to thank the House and Senate for working with my administration to create this compromise plan that provides an infusion of funding for the unemployment compensation system,” said Governor Wolf. “The agreement allows the commonwealth to provide much-needed stability to the system for dislocated workers, businesses and state employees.”The legislation provides $115.2 million over the next four years to continue critical technology upgrades and to hire additional employees to offer a minimal increase in service levels. Staffing in the Unemployment Compensation system will remain below pre-furlough levels.In recent years, the Wolf administration has taken numerous steps to address the prolonged challenges facing the Unemployment Compensation system. In April, the governor signed Act 1 of 2017, which provided $15 million in temporary funding to rehire 200 workers, reopen the Altoona call center and reduce lengthy customer service delays.Additionally, the department is submitting monthly reports to the General Assembly and, through the governor’s GO-TIME initiative, is using Lean practices pioneered in the private sector to eliminate waste and improve efficiencies of operations.Lean improvements include changing the wording of questions on the application for benefits to reduce the number of incorrect responses and delays, and bringing the processing of employer registrations from 41 steps down to 15 steps while also eliminating an unnecessary letter to employers.Earlier this year the Wolf administration filed a lawsuit against IBM that alleges fraud and failures related to the Unemployment Compensation Modernization System project. The lawsuit asserts claims for breach of contract, fraudulent inducement, fraudulent misrepresentation, negligent misrepresentation, intentional non-disclosure, and fraudulent concealment. The lawsuit is in the Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas. Governor Wolf Signs Unemployment Compensation Funding Solution SHARE Email Facebook Twitter December 20, 2017
Queensland Treasurer Jackie Trad hands over the budget papers as she delivers the state’s 2018-19 budget at Parliament House in Brisbane.THE REIQ has criticised the State Budget for reducing the First Home Owners’ Grant and not extending it to established properties.The State Budget, which was handed down by Treasurer Jackie Trad earlier this week, extended the grant for another 12 months but reduced it from $20,000 to $15,000.The REIQ had campaigned for the grant to also include established homes, which was not included in Ms Trad’s Budget. REIQ CEO Antonia Mercorella said she was disappointed.“Regional Queensland desperately needs buyers to absorb some of that excess supply and the grant could help first-home buyers enter the market,” she said.More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020“However, it would be overstating to say there was no good news in this Budget. “We are happy the FHOG has been continued, even though it is at the reduced rate. “It will continue to stimulate construction and employment.”The real estate sector is one of the largest employers in Queensland, with thousands of small businesses employing around 50,000 people. These businesses will benefit from the payroll tax rebates available to them for trainees and apprentices.In addition, the $45.8 billion spend on infrastructure investment in Queensland over the next four years will improve liveability and the desirability of real estate in areas where those projects will happen.The Foreign Acquirer Duty has increased from 3 per cent to 7 per cent.The REIQ was disappointed the State Government chose to drag its feet on stamp duty reform, ignoring expert advice that stamp duty was a regressive, outdated form of property taxation that stifled housing mobility.
Mrs Flannery and her daughter Genevieve Meek, Mal Flannery and Martin Meek at the Mrs Flannerys Benowa store in 2003. The family home at 25 Barrier Reef Drive is set to go under the hammer on October 19.The four-bedroom Mermaid Waters house at 25 Barrier Reef Drive was built about 20 years ago, with the sale set to be a poignant moment. Mrs Flannerys’ daughter Genevieve Meek, who worked in partnership with her parents and husband Martin, said the family were “reeling from” the impending sale. “Mum and Dad were living in the street and they had their eye on that block for years and years,” she said. “They missed it the first time it sold and then Mum was doing her daily walk and saw it for sale again, rushed home and Dad bought it that day.”The family are selling after Mr Flannery died in March and Mrs Flannery moved into a nursing home. “Mum decided she wanted to put her feet up and is loving life in a nursing home,” Mrs Meek said. “Well into her 80s she was still entertaining all the family, kids, grandkids and great grandkids. “It’s got a beautiful outside area that is very protected, we have so many memories there. More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa9 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day ago“Dad loved being on the water, he had every contraption — canoes, surf skis, another thing to peddle on the lake.” Mr and Mrs Flannery built the house about 20 years ago. The family are “reeling” from the impending sale.Ms Meek said her parents were pioneers in the health food industry and their contributions were set to be recognised later this year with an induction into the Australian Organic’s hall of fame. “Back in the 70s you were a little odd when you took a vegetarian nutmeg sandwich to school,” she said. The waterfront house it set to go under the hammer on October 19. MORE NEWS: Title for priciest mega-mansion heats up Health food pioneer Mrs Flannery is selling her Mermaid Waters home.THE founder of one of Australia’s leading natural organic health food stores has listed her long-time family home on the Gold Coast for sale.Mal and Berice Flannery established Mrs Flannery’s in 1987 and grew it into a multimillion-dollar business. The Gold Coast-based company, which had humble beginnings more than three decades ago, is now known as Flannerys Organic & Whole Market. It was sold by the Flannery family about 11 years ago. MORE NEWS: Home’s six-figure profit enough to buy a McLaren
NZ Herald 18 May 2013New Zealand charities not required to give money back to the community are exaggerating the gap between the “haves and the have-nots”, critics say.Under current law, private schools, fee-charging hospitals and food giants reap the rewards of tax relief with no obligation to donate some of their profits.The Government is $600 million out of pocket each year as the charities sector swallows $400m through income tax exemption and $200m in tax credit refunds, yet Cabinet decided against reviewing charity law last year through “fiscal cost” fears.Recent calls to urgently review the sector were once again quashed by Community and Voluntary Sector Minister Jo Goodhew yesterday.Labour’s charity spokeswoman, Louisa Wall, and Christchurch charity expert Dr Michael Gousmett have slammed the lack of accountability in the multimillion-dollar, publicly subsidised sector.Today’s regulations give tax relief to private schools, fee-charging hospitals, Ngai Tahu’s 38 limited liability companies (including Shotover Jet and Whale Watch Kaikoura) and food giant Sanitarium with no public benefit test holding them to account.Under current law, charities are not obligated to give even $1 a year from their surplus to charitable causes.http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/8688304/Flush-Kiwi-charities-failing-to-pay-out
Share EducationLocalNewsPrimarySecondary Schools to observe Dollar Day on Friday by: – May 31, 2012 48 Views no discussions Share Sharing is caring! Share Tweet Photo credit: commissaries.comRoseau, Dominica – May 31st, 2012…Friday June 1, is Dollar Day in all schools in Dominica.Dollar Day is an opportunity for every child to make a contribution of at least $1 to the Education Trust Fund to assist students whose parents are unable to meet the costs of their schooling.“The money will go towards books, transportation, registration fees and CXC exam fees,” said Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Education Trust Fund, Willie Fevrier.Fevrier said Dollar Day is one of the major fundraising activities of the Education Trust Fund, in addition to an annual Radio-thon and regular requests to the business sector and past beneficiaries for assistance. “In any society, there are people who are under privileged, marginalised, have no steady income and face difficulties to provide the basic necessities for their children to attend school.“The Education Trust Fund was established to assist these people. Those who can afford can chip in to help the fund to assist these under privileged children,” Fevrier said.Last week, the Education Trust Fund raised over $15 000 during its annual radio-thon.The Education Trust Fund was established in 1981 through an act of parliament to assist students experiencing difficulty attending secondary school.The Government of Dominica provides a yearly subvention to the fund. By: Dionne Durand Public Relations Specialist,Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development
NEW POINT – A 25-year-old woman was found dead in a vehicle at the Petro Truck Stop parking lot in New Point, police said.The woman has been identified as Felicia Craig, of North Vernon. She was a former student at Jac-Cen-Del High School.Police arrived on the scene around 5 p.m. Tuesday and located the victim who was already deceased, Decatur County Sheriff Greg Allen says.The coroner estimated Craig may have been there approximately 10 to 12 hours before being found by officers.Sheriff Allen says suspicious activity or foul play does not seem to be involved at this time. The investigation is ongoing as authorities await toxicology reports.
Lawrenceburg, IN— Learn the basics of nonprofit accounting and finance at a free training sponsored by Interact for Health. “Nonprofit Finance for Non-Finance People” will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Oct. 22, at Ivy Tech Community College—Riverfront Campus, 50 Walnut St., Lawrenceburg, Indiana.Workshop participants will learn the basics of nonprofit finance and accounting, including:What it means to be a nonprofit, including formation and tax-filing responsibilities.General accounting policies and terms such as basics of accounting, types of financial statements and financial categories.Reading nonprofit financial statements.Nonprofit accounting rules including determining if income is a contribution or exchange transaction, and contribution types such as unrestricted, restricted, conditional, pledges and in-kind.Basics of budget preparation with sample worksheets.Importance of internal controls.Need for policies and procedures manuals.There is no charge for nonprofit agencies to attend this class. Representatives from for-profit agencies can attend at a cost of $200 per person. Continuing education units are available for certain groups. Register online by clicking here by Oct. 17.The grant writing session in Dearborn County is one of several Learning Center workshops offered by Interact for Health throughout Greater Cincinnati this fall, with other sessions on grant writing and managing work relationships. For full details and to register, please visit https://www.interactforhealth.org/learning-center/.
RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Buhari to Okorocha @ 58: Your large heart will always stand you out The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Bala Elkana, says there is a statewide operation to apprehend joggers and other violators of the lockdown order by President Muhammadu Buhari. Elkana said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria during the trial of 202 fitness enthusiasts by the Mobile Courts at the Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, Lagos on Thursday for disobeying the lockdown directive. He said the offenders were arrested in at least 15 areas of Lagos, which included Itire, Ogudu, Ikeja, Sabo and Maroko. He said: “Right now we have 202 persons to who have either been arraigned or are waiting to be arraigned before the two mobile courts here today. “We are bringing them all into the Mobile Courts in small numbers because of the social distancing guidelines. “Yesterday we had 78 persons and we are still expecting more persons today so the 202 is likely to increase.” Elkana noted that all the resources of the police in Lagos were being used to enforce the lockdown order. He said: “All the Divisional Police Officers are out leading their teams, all the Area Commanders are out supervising. “We have pulled out all our resources to ensure that we all succeed in a time like this in curtailing the spread of the coronavirus.” The PPRO noted that the fitness enthusiasts arrested took advantage of the empty streets of Lagos to violate the presidential lockdown directive. He said: “They took advantage of the empty streets. “If you take a look at the people arrested here, they are in their sports wears, they converted the empty streets to crowded sports arenas. “We saw all the photos on social media negating the social distancing principles, some were even playing football with spectators watching.” Elkana noted that the conduct of the fitness enthusiasts was unacceptable and that if they had the urge to exercise, they should have done it within the privacy of their homes. He said individuals who were exercising alone on the streets would be apprehended by the authorities for flouting the lockdown directive and would face the full wrath of the law. He said: “Our actions determine how we are going to conquer the virus or allow it to consume all of us. “The Order is stay at home and not on the streets.” Some of the offenders who pleaded guilty to the offence were handed fines ranging from N5,000 to N10,000 and also ordered to immediately commence a two-hour community service by the Magistrates of the Mobile Courts.Tags: ArrestsCoronavirusCOVID-19Lagos StateLockdownPresident Muhammadu Buhari
Gareth Bale would gladly trade in his two PFA awards for a guaranteed top-four finish with Tottenham. The 23-year-old beamed with pride as he collected both awards, and during his acceptance speech re-iterated his desire to return to the biggest stage of all next season – the Champions League. Tottenham’s hopes of qualifying for Europe’s biggest club competition took another blow on Saturday when they needed a last-gasp equaliser to snatch a draw at lowly Wigan. Bale has been pleased with his remarkable season, which has yielded 29 goals for club and country, and he believes Tottenham have a bright future ahead of them. He added: “We still have quite a young squad when you compare us to a lot of the other teams. A lot of us are around a similar age. We have been together now for three or four years. “We have grown up together and the confidence is there. We are still young, we are improving every season and hopefully we can reach our ambitions, which we know we can achieve.” Bale first announced himself on the world stage two seasons ago with two stunning displays against Inter Milan, but he has since gone on to become an even better footballer. The former Southampton man has developed in to a deadly forward who is just as comfortable operating down the left or right and in his now-favoured position just behind a central striker. His performances this season have led to speculation that Real Madrid are set to launch a big-money bid for the player, but Bale himself played down talk of a summer move last night, describing it only as “speculation”. Press Association Not for the first time this season, Bale was the star of the show on Sunday night, winning the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) Player of the Year Award and the Young Player of the Year gong at a star-studded awards ceremony in central London. “I definitely would do it,” Bale said when asked if he would swap his two awards for a guaranteed top-four finish. “Overall we have been doing fantastic this season.”
The inaugural EurAsia Cup ended in a thrilling 10-10 draw after Asia threatened to produce a victory to rival Europe’s ‘Miracle at Medinah’ in the 2012 Ryder Cup. Fernandez-Castano eagled the par-five 16th to get back on level terms before Tanihara saved par from a greenside bunker on the 17th to set up a nerve-wracking finish on the last. Neither player was able to find a decisive birdie and after Fernandez-Castano held his nerve to hole from three feet for par, he conceded Tanihara’s shorter putt to ensure a tie. Jaidee’s win over McDowell got his side off to the perfect start and 50-year-old opposite number Miguel Angel Jimenez needed all of his experience to snatch victory over 23-year-old Malaysian wild card Nicholas Fung with a birdie on the 18th. Thailand’s Kiradech Aphibarnrat then recovered from one down with four to play to birdie the next two holes and a par on the 17th was enough to seal a 2&1 victory over Thomas Bjorn. Kim Hyung-sung defeated an off-form Pablo Larrazabal 4&2 and Prayad Marksaeng then almost snatched a remarkable win over Jamie Donaldson with a birdie on the 18th. However, Donaldson commendably held his nerve to follow Marksaeng in for a birdie of his own to salvage half a point, having enjoyed a four-hole lead at the turn. Gaganjeet Bhullar put another point on the board for Asia with a 4&3 victory over Thorbjorn Olesen and when Anirban Lahiri won the 16th and 17th to beat Victor Dubuisson 2&1, the match was tied at 8 1/2 points each. A miserable day for Stephen Gallacher in the final match was summed up when he lost his ball with a wild tee shot on the 15th to seal a heavy defeat to Siddikur Rahman, putting Asia ahead for the first time all week. Thongchai Jaidee’s side were whitewashed 5-0 in Thursday’s fourballs and trailed 7-3 going into Saturday’s 10 singles matches, leaving Europe needing just three and a half points for victory. But Jaidee kickstarted a stunning fightback by beating Ryder Cup hero Graeme McDowell 3&2 and after five further wins for Asia, the entire contest came down to the match between Spain’s Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano and Japan’s Hideto Tanihara. Press Association However, having seen a three-hole lead reduced to one, Joost Luiten held his nerve to hole from five feet to par the 18th and beat Japan’s Koumei Oda to level the scores. That meant it all came down to Fernandez-Castano and Tanihara, the Spaniard missing a short par putt on the 15th to fall one down but getting back to all square with a stunning eagle on the 16th after Tanihara had piled on the pressure with a birdie from 20 feet. Tanihara saved par from 10ft on the 17th to keep the match all square and with neither player really threatening a winning birdie, Europe’s players held their breath as Fernandez-Castano – whose short putting has long been his Achilles heel – held his nerve.